BROOKVILLE POLICE DEPARTMENT
Citizen Complaint Procedures
The following are the steps necessary to file a formal complaint against the Brookville Police Department or employee of the Brookville Police Department. The following information and form are being provided to assist you in filing your complaint and informing you of the complaint process.
- Please complete and submit the form at the link below. If you prefer to print and mail the form, click here.
- If mailing a hard copy, send the completed complaint form to: BROOKVILLE POLICE DEPARTMENT, ATTN: Doug Ralph, Chief of Police, 634 Main Street, Brookville IN 47012
- Upon receipt of your complaint, the Brookville Chief of Police will record your complaint and forward the complaint to the appropriate Supervisor, via chain of command, for initial review. The Chief of Police will then determine the severity of the complaint and will conduct a commander's inquiry. The commander's inquiry will determine if the complaint will be handled at the Chief of Police's level or referred to the Brookville Town Board.
- The appropriate supervisor will keep you informed, upon your request, of the status of your complaint to include the following:
- Verification of receipt that the complaint has been received for processing
- Notification of the results of the investigation upon conclusion.
- You may be informed either verbally or in writing